Job Type: Apprentice Dental Nurse
Widcombe Dental Practice have an opportunity for an Apprentice Dental nurse, to join the team in their boutique family run private practice.
We offer a competitive salary and fun working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills further.
Key responsibilities are:
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment, instruments and materials are available for each procedure and are sterilised in accordance with practice policies.
- Prepare the surgery for use in the mornings, and clean down the surgery between patients and at the end of the working day
- Keep the clinical areas (including the decontamination room) and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile according to the practice's Health & Safety, Infection Control procedures and manufacturers' instructions. All procedures comply with a minimum of essential requirements under the HTM01-05.
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients is paramount at all times. Excellent customer service should always be a priority. Talk to the patients and reassure where necessary.
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Develop and file digital radiographs as directed
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Fully Qualified and GDC registered (unless applying for apprentice role)
- General Computer Literacy
- Previous experience using patient management software
- Desire to acquire new skills and develop further
0845 - 1800 Mon - Thurs, 0800 - 1430 Fridays.
Full apprenticeship support to gain Dental Nursing Qualification
Staff perk system
Minimum Wage salary for an apprenticeship
For further information about the role, opportunities, and salary please don't hesitate to get get in touch.