Train the Tester training
We are currently working in partnership with a local Qualified Mask Testing company, to provide our practices with the ability to send your staff to our Ascot office to carry out "Train the Trainer" mask fit testing.
Our next sessions will be held on the 12th and 16th June 9-2pm at Index House, Ascot SL5 7ET with all social distancing measures in place.
Should you wish to book places for your team members it would be helpful, but not essential, for them to attend with the mask type you intend on practicing with, upon return to AGP treatments. Our experienced Trainer will then be able to advise if your masks purchased met the requirements.
Popular brands that meet legal requirements for test fitting are;
3M, JSP, Moulded, Alpha Solway and Silverline. NO EAR LOOP versions are acceptable to pass the fit testing process.
FFP2 and FFP3 training given for your preferred mask.
If your mask isn't listed then do Whatsapp us a picture and we will confirm: 07968911850 - please only send your pictures once you have enrolled and paid for your course.
Places are extremely limited so please call now to confirm your place.
Should 12th or 16th June not be convenient to you we will endeavour to run these courses once a week throughout June so please register your interest.
Face Fit Train the Tester Course
Surrey Safety offers Qualitative Fit Testing Train the Trainer Course for Dentists to Comply with RPE Requirements
- Background information on Regulations
- COSHH, Section 2, Section 7 HASAWA 1974, RPE Regulations
- Overview of HSG53 and INDG479
- Step by Step guide in Fit Testing procedure
- Donning and Doffing the mask safely
- Buddy systems to check each other's respirator fits correctly
- Self-seal checking reusable - non reusable masks
- Correct procedure on mask wearing timescales
- Inspection of respirators and paperwork required
- All relevant documents required for your compliance
- Consideration on risk assessing within your practice
- Pre fit test requirements and information to train your staff
- The Qualitative fit test
- What to do if your subject fails the test
- Questions and answers
- Written and multi-choice examination to qualify
- Certification valid for 3 years to test your own operatives
An FFP3 Mask is only affective with a sealed fit on the user
This may be a fairly new process for you and/or your staff to undertake because of coronavirus. We will take you step by step through the process so you can give the protection your workforce needs.
On the course we will also cover all half mask respirator types and help you how to identify the correct types of respirators to purchase for the future. This is just as important as the fit test itself with so many types on the market which do not comply with regulation.
Face Fit Testing has been utilised widely in construction and manufacturing industry because of the nature of work and substances / chemicals they work with. We have taken HSE and NHS input and upgraded the training to incorporate the new Covid 19 guidance.
In recent months we have been training and testing for NHS Dental Hubs, Hospices and Care Homes across Southern England
Note: We follow all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines for best practice regarding the fitting of any RPE (Respiratory Protective Equipment) and in accordance with HSG53 and INDG479 this course will allow you to face fit your own employees working in your practice only. Social distance guidelines will be adhered to at all times until the fit test demonstration takes place then one or both parties will be gloved and masked for protection.
Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01344 300 888 to book or fill in the form below and one of the team will get back to you.
Join the Society of British Dental Nurses Today
Become a SBDN Member for only £30
Enjoy benefits such as:
- Provide mentorship at key milestones in your dental career
- Provide you with regular, up-to-date information
- Give direction to courses and events that may be of interest
- Alert you to changes in policy, guidance and regulations
- And more…